VHS Self-Funded Hearing Aid Warranty Plan
The VHS Hearing Aid warranty program is designed to protect you against loss of and damage to your hearing aids.
ProtectionTerm Deductible per claim
Damage from manufacturer 2 years $0
Personal damage 2 years $100
Lost 1 year $150
Throughout this document, “You” and “Your” refer to the purchaser. “We”, “Us”, and “Our” refer to VBS Benefit Solutions , LLC (VBS), doing business as Virtual Hearing Solutions (VHS). Certain words and phrases are defined as follows:
Accidental Damage means an unintentional or single event causing damage to the Hearing Instrument where it no longer performs its normal operation(s) as defined by the manufacturer.
Administrator means VBS Hearing Solutions or VBS. You may contact the Administrator if You have questions regarding this coverage or would like to make a claim. The Administrator can be reached by phone at 1-800-453-1420, mail at 43456 Ellsworth Street #3334 Fremont CA 94539, or website at www.vbshearingsolutions.com
Breakdown means a mechanical failure or electrical failure causing the Hearing Instrument to no longer perform its normal operation(s) as defined by the manufacturer. Breakdown includes those mechanical and electrical failures resulting from normal wear and tear, such as corroded or malfunctioning components due to ear wax or moisture buildup.
Deductible is the amount You are responsible to pay for each claim.
Hearing Instrument means a digital, analog, linear, programmable or non-programmable hearing device, hearing aid, speech processing hearing instrument(s) as specified on the Declarations Page.
Loss means physical loss or damage to the Hearing Instrument resulting from one or more of the following as more fully described in Section C. Coverage Description:
• Accidental Damage
• Theft; and
Lost means the involuntary loss of possession of Your Hearing Instrument(s) by accident or forgetfulness and when its whereabouts are not known, cannot be recovered, and it is not likely that Your Hearing Instrument will be recovered or found.
Agreement means this document. It describes the terms, conditions, and exclusions that apply. This is the entire agreement between You and Us. Representations or promises made by anyone that are not contained in this document are not a part of Your benefits. This Agreement also includes any and amendments that are subsequently issued or attached.
Protection Term means the duration of protection indicated in the Protection Schedule.
Theft means the unlawful taking or removing of the Hearing Instrument without Your consent.
B. PROTECTION AGREEMENT
This agreement is issued on the basis of your purchase, which automatically includes this protection.
We will repair or replace Your Hearing Instrument(s) as described below after receiving payment of t to repair or replace) of the deductible shown in the Protection Schedule above for a protected Loss.
If repairs or replacements are made that the Administrator has not authorized, We will not pay the authorized facility for the repair or replacement.
C. PROTECTION DESCRIPTION
1. Through the Administrator, We will repair or, at Our discretion, replace the Hearing Instrument(s), due to a Loss caused by Accidental Damage, Theft or Lost, that occurs during the Policy Term. Parts will be replaced with those of like kind and quality (We cannot guarantee to match exact color, material, brand, size, or model), and may be new or remanufactured. If there is a Loss, Your Hearing Instrument(s) will not be upgraded.
2. If a replacement is needed, Your Hearing Instrument will be replaced with a hearing instrument of like kind and quality,
as determined by the Administrator. Replacement occurs when:
• Your Hearing Instrument is Lost;
• Your Hearing Instrument cannot be repaired;
• The cost of repair exceeds the cost to replace Your Hearing Instrument; or
• Parts or components of the Hearing Instrument (as well as remanufactured parts) are no longer available.
4. In the event that a protected Hearing Instrument(s) is replaced, the protection for that Hearing Instrument(s) will automatically terminate. No protection is provided on the replacement
We do not protect Loss directly or indirectly caused by, or resulting from, contributed to, or made worse by any of the following. Additionally, the causes of Loss, whether or not dominate, are not protected under this Agreement even if a protected cause of Loss contributes concurrently or in sequence to the Loss or damage of Your Hearing Instrument.
1. Professional fees charged by your practitioner are not covered by this policy.
2. Illegal acts by You, meaning acts of contraband, illegal transportation, or trade.
3. Latent defect, error or omission in the design, specification, or a faulty material/ construction/assembly; that does not result in a covered Breakdown.
4. Malfunctions caused by changes to the ear, or changes in the ear canal that may result in, but not limited to remaking or re-casing due to a poor or improper fit.
5. Delay, loss of use, or wages or any other indirect or consequential loss or damage.
6. Deliberate, negligent or intentional acts.
7. Fraudulent, dishonest, or criminal acts committed alone or in collusion with others by You.
8. Any medical charges, including but not limited to, those incurred in connection with the implanting or explanting of
9. Personal or bodily injury or sickness due to the use of the Hearing Instrument(s).
10. Damages claimed for any Loss, cost, or expense incurred by You or others due to withdrawal, recall, inspection, repair, replacement, adjustment, removal and/or disposal of the Hearing Instrument(s) by any person or organization because of a known or suspected defect, deficiency, inadequacy, or dangerous condition in it.
11. Loss during the manufacturer’s warranty.
12. Your Hearing Instrument(s) is Lost while in the care, custody, control of a third party, or a common carrier (including, but not limited to, airlines, the U.S. Postal Service, UPS, FedEx, or other delivery services).
13. Any reduced performance or efficiency of the Hearing Instrument(s) that does not result in a Loss.
14. War, including undeclared war; civil war; insurrection; rebellion; warlike act by military force or military personnel; destruction, seizure, or use for a military purpose, including any consequence of these. Discharge of a nuclear weapon shall be deemed a warlike act even if accidental.
15. Nuclear hazard, meaning any weapon employing atomic fission, fusion, or other radioactive force or nuclear reaction, radiation, or radioactive contamination from any other cause except that direct loss by fire resulting from the nuclear hazard is covered.
16. Wear and tear or gradual deterioration of the Hearing Instrument(s), such as corroded or malfunctioning components due to ear wax or moisture buildup.
E. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
In case of a Loss to which this protection may apply, You must see that the following duties are performed;
1. Report the loss promptly to the Administrator, but no later than ninety (90) days from the date of loss.
2. File with the Administrator a detailed proof of loss (on the claim form provided to You by the Administrator) within sixty (60) days from the date You report the loss, including the following:
a. A signed and completed claim form.
b. If the loss was caused by or resulting from theft or vandalism, a copy of the police report filed with the appropriate
law enforcement officials (or if the report is not reasonably available, the report number).
c. Any other documentation that may be reasonably requested by the Administrator to validate a claim.
3. Protect the Hearing Instrument(s) from further Loss and take all reasonable steps possible to minimize the Loss.
4. Notify the police and make a report, when warranted, such as in cases of theft, attempted theft, vandalism, or malicious mischief.
5. Repairs or replacements must be made through VBS If repairs or replacements are made that the Administrator has not authorized, We will not pay for the repair or replacement.
F. GENERAL PROVISIONS
Claims: Benefits under the Agreement for any Loss will be paid upon receipt of due proof of loss and all required information necessary to support the claim.
Legal Actions: No action at law or in equity shall be brought to recover under the Agreement prior to the expiration of sixty (60) days after proof of loss has been furnished in accordance with the requirements of this coverage.
Misrepresentation and Fraud: Protection for You may be cancelled if, whether before or after a Loss, You have concealed or misrepresented any material fact or circumstance concerning this protection or the subject thereof, or the interest of You therein. Protection may also be cancelled if You commit fraud or false swearing in connection with any of the above.